I’m pleased to inform you that we received the funds and are ready to dispense to teams. We will be utilizing the same process we implemented last season. Please see below:
- All FIRST teams in the TVA Service Area are eligible for funding, which will cover team registration and challenge set.
- Teams must begin the registration process with FIRST and hold a temporary team number, however, teams must NOT pay for registration as it will forfeit their TVA Grant. No exceptions, substitutions or refunds will be made.
- A maximum of 200 TVA team grants are available on a first come, first served basis. Funds will be available until December 1, 2019 OR until team registration closes in your region/nationally OR until we reach the 200 team grant cap – whichever comes first. If we get close to reaching the 200 team cap, we will notify all Partners.
- All teams interested in receiving TVA funds must submit a very short online application to FIRST
- FIRST will send grant information and the application link to all teams that received TVA funding last season and encourage them to apply for funds if they intend to participate this season. The list of last season’s TVA teams that we will contact is attached for your reference – any teams that have already paid their registration for this season have been removed from the list.
- We ask that Partners send the application link to any other teams that are eligible for TVA funds – new/rookie teams or returning teams that did not receive funding last season. An email template with information and application link is attached for you to use if you’d like
- You may choose to post the TVA information and application link on your website or social media channels
TVA Grant Process
- FIRST will review all grant requests each Wednesday by noon, Eastern Time.
- FIRST will send the grant requests to Tennessee Valley Authority to verify the team’s location within their service area. This process usually takes 48 hours.
- Once FIRST receives the approval back from Tennessee Valley Authority, teams can expect the grant funds to be available within 5 business days.
- Teams should expect to receive 3 emails during the application process – 1. To confirm that they have successfully submitted the application 2. To notify them of approval and application of funds 3. Information about recognizing/thanking TVA and the use of the TVA logo.
- Any teams that have already paid registration or are outside of the TVA services area will be referred back to the Partner.
- Any questions regarding this process should be directed to Ryanne Cook at email@example.com .
Thanks to the petitions of the FIRST community, over 300 United States Representatives have cosponsored a bill instructing the United States Mint to issue a commemorative coin for educator and astronaut Christa McAuliffe. Profits from coin sales will support FIRST teams. Please ask your Senator to cosponsor S. 239 to help honor an American school teacher hero.
Just saw on the Secret City Website that the event has been canceled.