On Oct 4, MLGW along with TVA hosted a FIRST Robotics Exhibit During their Public Power Week. Here is what they put in their MLGW News Release:
Memphis Light, Gas and Water’s Junior Engineer/Professional Engineer program (JEPE) and the Tennessee Valley Authority are hosting a FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) robotics exhibit. FIRST participation encourages students to pursue education and careers in STEM-related fields and inspires them to become leaders and innovators. These students are likely to be one of our nation’s future Public Power professionals.
Each year during the first week of October, MLGW celebrates Public Power, electricity that comes from a community-owned and -operated utility which provides reliable and safe not-for-profit electricity at a reasonable price while protecting the environment. There are more than 2,000 public power utilities across the nation powering 48 million people. We invite you to join us to see teams demonstrate their LEGO and robotic creations. MLGW’s brand new “Terminator” bucket truck will also be on exhibit. The bucket truck is wrapped with safety messages in a comic book style format.
Students will comprise teams from seven schools who will showcase their robotic and LEGO creations. Representatives from MLGW, TVA and team sponsors will be in attendance.
The event was covered by WREG:
More pics from the event are available HERE
Thanks to the teams that came out to demo!
From FIRST HQ:
Due to the issues we’ve encountered with event registration, we are making some changes to upcoming event registration dates.
Event Registration Updates:
- Second District Event Registration will open at 12:00 pm (noon) Eastern Time on Thursday, 10/13.
- Second Regional Event Registration (for Regional Teams looking to attend a second event) will open at 12:00 pm (noon) Eastern Time on Thursday, 10/20.
- Kit and Kickoff Registration, along with registration for the Founder’s Reception, will open for all teams at 12:00 pm (noon) Eastern Time on Tuesday, 10/18.
- Prequalified Team Registration (for those that have already earned their way to the 2017 Championships), along with Veteran Team Championship Waitlist Registration, will open at 12:00 pm (noon) Eastern Time on Thursday, 10/27. We will provide information about how the Championship waitlists will work shortly.
- All other registration dates are currently anticipated to remain the same. For a complete list of important dates and deadlines, please refer to the season calendar: http://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/frc/calendar?field_event_category_tid=All.
Please note: there are no changes to the registration payment due dates. Please visit this page: http://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/frc/pricing-and-payment for pricing and payment information.
For AndyMark orders – a credit card is the absolute fastest way to pay on their website, but many teams have to deal with school purchase orders. The fastest way to get your parts through that system is to get an open purchase order issued and sent to AndyMark ahead of time. Because AndyMark doesn’t have to wait for your school’s PO for that specific order, they can send it on to be fulfilled right away! Open POs can be issued for any amount, and most of the time are good for the fiscal year (or until you exceed the amount listed in the PO). You can learn more on AndyMark’s purchasing options page.