Please see the updated post HERE
FIRST HQ is pleased to inform you that we received the funds today and are ready to dispense to teams. We’ve implemented a new process this season that will expedite funds and disburse to teams directly.
- All FIRST Robotics Competition Teams in the TVA Service Area are eligible for funding ($500 per team)
- Teams must begin the registration process with FIRST and hold a team number.
- A maximum of 400 TVA team grants are available on a first come, first served basis. Funds will be available until December 1, 2017 OR until team registration closes in your region/nationally OR until we reach the 400 team grant cap – whichever comes first. If we get close to reaching the 400 team cap, an update will be posted on this website.
- All teams interested in receiving TVA funds must submit a very short online application to FIRST
- If you received the TVA funding last year, you should have have already received these instructions via email.
TVA Grant Process
- FIRST will review all grant requests each Wednesday by noon, Eastern Time.
- FIRST will send the grant requests to Tennessee Valley Authority to verify the team’s location within their service area. This process usually takes 48 hours.
- Once FIRST receives the approval back from Tennessee Valley Authority, teams can expect the grant funds to be available within 5 business days.
- Teams should expect to receive 3 emails during the application process:
- 1. To confirm that they have successfully submitted the application
- 2. To notify them of approval and application of funds
3. Information about recognizing/thanking TVA and the use of the TVA logo.
[please note: the info above was derived from an email sent to FLL teams and has been edited…..some of the dates and deadlines might be slightly different to better fit the FRC Season. Check with FIRST HQ for full details – do not assume the above is 100% accurate]