If you are in Memphis….your team is eligible to receive funding from the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) to pay for part of your team registration fee ($500). If you would like to apply for a TVA grant, please review the eligibility and grant process instructions provided below. Please keep in mind that this grant is ONLY available to TVA teams that have NOT fully paid the team registration for this season. If you have already paid, your TVA grant application will be declined.
- All FRC teams in the TVA Service Area (see below) are eligible for funding, which will cover part of the team registration fee only ($500).
- Teams must begin the registration process with FIRST and have a team number, however, teams must NOT pay for registration as it will forfeit their TVA Grant. No exceptions, substitutions or refunds will be made.
- A max. of 60 TVA team grants are available on a first come, first served basis for FRC teams.
How Can I Apply?
- All teams interested in receiving TVA funds must submit a very short online application to FIRST® which can be found HERE.
How long will it take for my team to receive their grant?
- FIRST will review all grant requests each Wednesday by noon, Eastern Time.
- FIRST will send the grant requests to Tennessee Valley Authority to verify your team’s location within their service area. This process usually takes 48 hours.
- You could see as much as 2 weeks pass between requesting your grant and receiving the funds. Please plan accordingly if you have known, critical deadlines.
- Any applications from teams that have already paid registration or are outside of the TVA service area will be declined.
How will I know when the grant is available?
- FIRST will notify the team coach or mentor of record via email when the grant is available. The coach or mentor may log into the Team Registration Dashboard and will see the grant funds available in their account. If two weeks have passed since you requested your grant, please check with your team’s coach first before contacting FIRST about the status of the grant.
How can I thank Tennessee Valley Authority for their support?
It is always great to recognize and thank our sponsors for their generous assistance. You are more than welcome to acknowledge them on your robot and in your collateral. You can also send Thank You notes to this address and Christina Proulx, our FIRST® employee contact will be happy to forward along to Tennessee Valley Authority:
Attn: Christina Proulx, Stewardship and Database Specialist
200 Bedford Street
Manchester, NH 03101
Additional Questions? Please e-mail Christina Proulx at firstname.lastname@example.org