Keep watching the FRC Resource Page. FIRST should be releasing the encrypted Game Manual and KOP inventories soon. It is recommended that you download these as soon as possible since the servers get overwhelmed during kick off.
Thanks to The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies (PMMI) and AZO Inc., the MechWarriors (FRC Team 4764) represented FIRST at the 2018 Pack Expo in Chicago back in October.
MechWarriors at PMMI Pack Expo.
The team was only one of four teams selected to represent FIRST at the Conference. Azo Inc sponsored the trip for the 2 mentors and 2 students to attend the trade-show (shown above along with the team’s Azo Inc mentor).
Here is a summary video of the expo. Although the Memphis team is not shown, at about the 1 min mark, one of the other teams representing FIRST at the Conference (TEAM 1323 -Madtown Robotics from California), is shown in the video.
<iframe src=”https://player.vimeo.com/video/301069736?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0″ width=”640″ height=”360″ frameborder=”0″ webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href=”https://vimeo.com/301069736″>2018 PACK EXPO International Wrap-Up</a> from <a href=”https://vimeo.com/packexpo”>PACK EXPO / PMMI</a> on <a href=”https://vimeo.com”>Vimeo</a>.</p>
This is the first time a team from Memphis represented FIRST at such an event. Pack Expo had over 45,000 attendees and had 2,500 exhibitors from around the globe.
More pictures from the event can be found HERE.
As a FIRST Strategic Partner, Apple has invited FIRST to nominate students to apply for this opportunity. To apply for a FIRST nomination:
- Complete your initial application online by 11:59 P.M. Eastern Time on Friday, December 28, 2018.
- There are limited nominations available, and not all applicants will receive the opportunity.
- Decisions are not subject to further review, nor will late applications be accepted.
FIRST will review all applications and select nominees to receive an invitation to apply with Apple in early January.
- All applicants will be informed of their status via email by Monday, January 7, 2019.
Kickoff, powered by Rockwell Automation, is on January 5, 2019:
Join us for the 30th season of FIRST® in DESTINATION: DEEP SPACE Presented By The Boeing Company. Kickoff – powered by Rockwell Automation – is a celebration event, so gather your #stemsquad and tune in to our Twitch channel if you can’t make it to a local kickoff! More information here.
Deadlines Approaching! Please be aware of the following deadlines:
- Payment Deadline: 1st Regional and 1st and 2nd District Event Registration must be secured by 5:00 P.M. ET on November 19. Please view the Pricing Structure and Payment Terms for more details. Please note that the following Districts will have their own payment terms and deadlines: FIRST® Israel, FIRST® Ontario District, and Pacific Northwest District.
- Kit and Kickoff Selections must be made prior to 12:00 P.M. (noon) ET on November 19. Teams who do not make their selections in the Dashboard will default to having the kit shipped to their location and will incur applicable shipping costs.
- Event Registration will close on Monday, November 19 at 12:00 P.M. (noon) ET
2019 Motor Controllers and MXP:
Read this sneak peek
into the 2019 Game Manual to find out what actuator controllers, MXP boards, and motors will be legal this season.
Virtual Kit Detail:
Pre-Kickoff vouchers and software tools are now available. More information is on the Kit of Parts
2019 FIRST Choice Round 1:
Starting at 12:00 P.M. (noon) ET on November 21, 2018, the Lead Coach/Mentor 1 or 2 from eligible teams may peruse FIRST®
Choice, populate Priority Lists, and prioritize items for Round 1 (even though FIRST
Choice passwords are live today, they won’t be of any use until FIRST
Choice opens). To create and submit a Priority List, teams must be registered for an event and the initial event registration fee must be secured. More information is available on the Kit of Parts