Professor Emeritus Woodie Flowers, innovator in design and engineering education, dies at 75 | MIT News
Important! Second Event Preferences: Second Event Preferences will open today Thursday, October 10, 2019, at noon ET and will close Thursday, October 17, 2019, at noon ET. Still have questions on event preferences? Reference the user guide, check the FAQ, or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dont forget Memphis/Collierville will be hosting its FIRST FRC Competition in the area:
Kit & Kickoff selections: Kit and Kickoff registration opens today Thursday, October 10, 2019, at noon ET. To select a Kickoff, under the Team Events section the lead coach/mentor 1 or 2 will select “Event Options,” then “Kit & Kickoff.” Please note the following before making your selections:
- Picking up your Kickoff Kit at a Local Kickoff will save your team shipping costs;
- If your team chooses not to attend any Local Kickoff, the Kickoff Kit will be shipped to your designated contact, and your team will be responsible for the shipping costs. Teams that choose to have their Kickoff Kit shipped can expect to receive it sometime during the week after Kickoff. International teams should be aware that delivery date will depend on customs clearance;
- Your team may attend more than one Kickoff. For example, you can send members to the Kickoff in Manchester, NH, while others can attend a Local Kickoff in your area. However, you must indicate only one Kickoff for Kickoff Kit pickup;
- Please note that to receive your Kickoff Kit, either at your Kickoff location or by having it shipped to you, you must have paid your registration fee and any associated shipping fees.
All teams must complete their Kickoff selections for the 2020 season prior to Monday, November 18, 2019, at noon ET. Questions about Kickoff? Please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Note to West TN Teams – FedEx will once again be hosing a Memphis Kickoff. See Below:
NEXT WEEK! Join FIRST on a virtual tour of an Amazon fulfillment center (Oct. 17, 7 p.m. ET) Don’t miss this behind-the-scenes look at innovation and robotics in action, including awesome GIVEAWAYS via Twitch chat! Get a sneak peek before you tune in: “5 Things You Didn’t Know about an Amazon Warehouse“. Let us know you’re joining (and get a reminder) by RSVPing to our Twitch or Facebook event. As always, we are here to help. Please contact our Customer Support Team with any questions. Sincerely,
Want to join an FRC Team in Memphis…..See the announcement below and RSVP HERE:
Deadlines and Season Schedule: As your team continues to plan for the INFINITE RECHARGESM season, make sure to utilize the Season Calendar. Here are some important dates coming up for the month of October:
- Drive Base Opt-Out: Veteran teams who are “Event Ready” are able opt out of receiving the Drive Base Kit in exchange for a $450 AndyMark Voucher. The option to opt-out of the Drive Base Kit will close at noon ET on Tuesday, October 8, 2019. Exceptions to this deadline will not be made. More information on the opt-out as well as other Kit of Parts information was posted in this recent blog post.
- Kit & Kickoff Registration: Kit & Kickoff registration opens on Thursday, October 10, 2019, at noon ET.
- Second Event Preferences: Second Event Preferences will open Thursday, October 10 at noon ET and close Thursday, October 17, 2019, at noon ET. Still have questions on event preferences? Reference the user guide, check the FAQ, or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safety Animation Award sponsored by UL: The 2020 Safety Animation Award theme is ‘Sustainability on the RISE’. Students must submit their team’s Safety Animation video through their FIRST® account. The student submitting must be marked as an award submitter. Animations must be submitted between Thursday, October 24, 2019, at noon ET and Thursday, December 5, 2019, at 3 p.m. ET. Click here for more information.
Q&A to close Friday, October 11: Does your team still have a question about the Stop Build Day Rules? We plan to close the Q&A on Friday, October 11, so get your team’s questions in now! If there is a surge in questions that could lead to another update, we may keep it open past October 11, but right now, that’s the target. Questions about this closure? Email us at email@example.com.
Episode 2 of Galactic Builders available now: Behind the creation of BB-8: In just-released episode 2 of Galactic Builders, powered by Star Wars: Force for Change, FIRST students from FIRST® LEGO® League team “Thunderbots” (Sacramento, CA) and FIRST® Robotics Competition team “Citrus Circuits” (David, CA) go behind-the-scenes at Lucasfilm headquarters to learn what it takes to build and operate a droid from BB-8 creator, engineer, and robotics expert Matt Denton.
Don’t miss episode 1, which featured FIRST® Tech Challenge students from teams “Slater Spartans” and “Slaterly Robotics” (Pawtucket, RI) visiting Hasbro HQ to learn about the STEM that goes into the advanced D-O App-controlled Droid toy and stay tuned for more episodes. Help us #makeitloud by sharing these inspiring videos.
Volunteer at an Event: Did you know that FIRST Robotics Competition Events are open to volunteer applications? Each event needs approximately 120 volunteers and we need your help! Simply log in to your FIRST account and click the ‘Volunteer Registration’ tab. You can use the filters on the left-hand side of the page to filter for events near you. Together, we build tomorrow. Together, we RISE. #BUILDTHEMUP As always, we are here to help. Please contact our Customer Support Team with any questions. Sincerely, FIRST® Robotics Competition Team Support